- This region consists of 13 churches of which 11 are in Bangalore and 1 each in Mysore and Tumkur. Rev. Fr. Bino Samuel is the Vice President of the MMVS Bangalore Diocese and Mrs. Annamma James are the Regional Secretary. MMVS conducted regular meetings in every church and held 2 Regional One Day Conferences & A One Day Diocesan Conference.
- Bangalore Region sent 40 participants to take part in the Akhila Malankara the Conference held at Pampady Dayara from 27 to 29 April 2016.
- In the Annual Examination held on 23rd October 2016, 64 members from Bangalore Region participated.
- Old Seminary Contest was held on the 23rd February. This Region sent 6 candidates to take part in this Contest comprising of Quiz, Elocution & Essay Writing.
- Bangalore Diocese sent 5 participants for the Leadership Training Program th conducted at Kottayam on the 23 & 24 of February.
- Chaitanya Samskarika Vedi:
MMVS started its Junior Wing known as Chaitanya Samskarika Vedi to include
young women of our Churches in the activities of MMVS. Many meetings have
been conducted at various Churches with active support of the Vicars. Convenors
have been selected in every Church to push forward the inclusion of young women
in MMVS through Chaitanya Samskarika Vedi.
- In the past one year, a lot of activities were initiated like Health awareness
programs on Cardiac Health, Gynaecological Issues, Cancer Risks and awareness
etc. A class was conducted on Parenting which was well appreciated by the young
participants. Classes on Holy Qurbana were conducted regularly. We are proud to
report that increasing numbers of young mothers of our parishes participate in
these meetings while their children attend Sunday School Classes.
- Sneha Sparsham Programme:
Bangalore Region proudly reports its increased participation & contribution this
year. We are happy to inform that MMVS Centre allotted Rs. 40,000/ to this Region
and this amount was given to two deserving candidates here.
Charity activities of Bangalore Region:
1. All MMVS Units in this region regularly collect money through Food sale,
Harvest Festival, Lent period contribution etc. and utilize this amount for
various charity purposes.
2. St. Gregorios Cathedral started its Woman & Child Welfare Organization
10 years back continue to feed poor children and donate funds to our
institutions caring for needy children.
3. St. Thomas Maha Edavaka runs a childrens’ home called Makkal Mana
where MMVS members of that Church support education and feeding of
4. All units in this Region regularly contribute funds to Snehabhavan at
5. Members of St. Gregorios Cathedral and St. George Church Indira Nagar
6. Once a year MMVS members visit Dayabhavan at Kunigal and Snehasadan
Other Spiritual Activities:
Friday fasting and prayer are carried out on all Fridays without fail by all units.
Visiting Old and Sick people are also regularly done.
All Units conducted prayers in their respective Churches this year on World Day
th th Month of Bible Reading is observed from 15 July to 15 August. Women’s Day is
celebrated. Retreat during Lent of Mother Mary is also conducted.